Wednesday, January 14, 2009

alright blog readers....

after quite the sleepless flight of 6 hours, i have made it to my first foreign destination. I am here in england. i will go and enjoy some time iwth my family here before returning to the airport tonight for my next flight which will take me to Israel. I feel like i am in the olden days where the fast transit of today didn't exist, its taking me two days almost to get from chicago to israel. what was it like before the technologies of the here and now? Ok i'm a spoiled 21st centuary raised person, i will admit traveling to israel by boat or camel or whatever would be worse but i am tired and cranky and the girl next to me slept far more comfortably than i did. I hate her. Hate is a strong word. i know.

Talk to you from the holy land.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Some airplane travel tips: Drink lots of water. When you're trying to sleep, keep your arms in the seat, not on the arm rests (you'll wake up with dead arms!). And the best tip I have: earplugs. Get a bunch and use them properly. It's a weird sensation at first, but they eliminate the high pitched whine inside the plane and make it so much easier to sleep.

Miss you!