Monday, April 6, 2009

First Rehearsal!

Rehearsal was great today. We talked a lot about logistics and set and design and aim and goals and all that lovely stuff.

I met my fellow acting mates. Eliza (pronouned with en A instead of the E) who was so surprised to meet another like her. She is our resident muslim so that's great, cause i wasn't quite sure how i was going to really pull that off. And then Ansa who is a large black man from Gahana (we are quite diverse let me tell you) who is just a wild actor with so much energy its great! And then also the stage manager and the sound guy will be on the road with us. I am excited it seems like it will be a nice little family.

The director seems like he's really got everything under control which is great for a two week reherasal period for a 45 min show. But he still seems like he's real into the colaberative imput stuff which i think will be great to work with.

I was given an extra charachter so thats five meaty roles to memorize in 2 weeks, with at least 2 differant dialects, soccer ball juggleing, valley girl perfecting, and of course learning how to put several different hijabs on a bald manquin. whew i'm tired just thinking about it.

Our little set is also just so clever and simple all at the same time, just perfect for the flexability that is necessary for the show.

I wish you alls could be here to see it, i think i'm gonna be real proud of it when it's all ready to go.

Also just wanted to share that i had my camera acting class tonight and the scene i got for next week is from Coupling!! I asked the teacher if i could be steve instead of susan she said no though.

Night night everybody, got to get up early tomorrow so i can figure out how to get to rehearsal without getting lost for ten minutes. (classic)

1 comment:

Guy said...

I will not be able to come no matter what, but I am proud of you alrady now... Even before you (and the show) are ready to go...