Sunday, December 20, 2009

I believe its time....

Wow - its been so long i don't really no where to start.
Things are going well - hows that?
I'm really enojoying life here in the twin cities at this point. I have really developed some great friendships in the past few months. Teaching the kids is just more fun everyday, as they grow and learn more and are able to retain the things we teach them (that is the most amazing part about it). Auditoning and performing is continuing to go well. I am looking into getting some agent representation to start doing more on camera work soon. Right now though, i am home for a visit and will then be in Chicago for new years with the one and only EB.

i finished up my fall shows and am ending 2009 with some real positive work. I was really happy with the past couple of shows - proud to be working so consistently and having a lot of fun with the work and groups of people i have gotten know. Here's to it continuing.

As this year starts to come to an end. I realize how quickly 2009 went by. Pretty wild. i can't believe i have already been in the cities for 10 months. so much happened in the past year and i am eger to see whats in store for 2010.

I already have a couple of shows lined up. And what with teaching as well, it should be pretty busy right out of the gate.
I have a show starting rehearsals when i get back from vacation - this one is with the same company and some of the same people i worked with over the summer with my Fringe Festival show. This one will perform in February - not a large role but i do like the show. I think it will be a good one. Also i just heard about a show i auditioned for this past week - this one will be in April/May - really looking forward to this one (interested to read the script). It is with the Minnesota Jewish Theater Comapny. I havn't read the whole script - just bits and peices at auditions and call backs - so im not sure the whole story or what my character is really about but i gathered that the show is a pretty controversal one dealing with Orthodox jews in Meah Shearim in Israel and Homosexuality. (Like i said interested in reading the script)

I decided to not do the tour i did when i first got to minnesota again this coming spring. I was planning on it but once i got my teaching job and realised how much time i'd have to step away from the class room for it, i realised i didn't really want to do that to the kids. I think it was a good choice - its opened up some options for me - other shows i am now available to do (like the one i just described above) so i am happy with that decision.

Hannukkah was fun this year. i was worried a little bit about yet another holiday kind of on my own but one of my new good friends (the other assistant teacher for Pre K at school) is super fun, we get along famousley, and we had a hanukkah party with latkes and home made jelly donuts and everything. I think we were the only jews at the party but thats part of the fun. We told the story and tought peopel about dreidles and traditional foods and ate a lot! I think this hannukah i ate more latkes than i have in all my years of latkes . I owe that to Rachel- thanks.
Also celebrated with the Elhais that live in MN, we had a very enjoyable family hanukkah celebration together. I also got to decorate the tree - that was fun and pretty. Oh! and i got lots of hanukkah gifts from my students - a plate of cookies, gift certificates, a bottle of wine - really no one told me how good a gig this teaching thing is.

Now i am home - so far a good relaxing trip. Landed Saturday night - daniels bday. Totally surprised him - he had no idea i was coming home and it was a perfect birthday present. Its weird to be home with neither of the boys around. I do hope to get around to both apartments this trip to see how my brothers are getting along on their own. I hope to see lots of friends enjoy some good catch up and then head to Chicago for some new years fun. Thats basically it over here for now.
Hope everyone else is well
Happy new years to all of you, may 2010 bring success happiness and health to all.
-Roneet

No comments: