Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update

ok. so things are starting to get finalized....
tomorrow i leave for Santa Barbara to spend some time with my high school girls going to school there. then i will continue on down to LA where i will stay with my cousins and see my family in the OC, and pick up GUY!!!! Then we will probably spend some time seeing the LA sites ( i don't think i have ever done this to tell the truth) and then one more night in SB before heading back up to the Bay Area.

We will be in Palo Alto until the 15th of June....this is when the dude (Berkley Proffessor) letting us drive his car to NY for him will let us have the car.
So far our plans from June 3rd-15th
4th- Baseball game
11th-river rafting
14th-Maya's birthday fun

thats kind of it. We will do San Fran some where in there, as well as Santa Cruise, a day at Raging Waters, a visit to Cold Stone, and many a dinner and visit with family and friends......
I'm sure we will figure out many more things to do over the week as we take our 5 hour drive from Santa Barbara back to Palo Alto.

The Cross Country Drive:
We figured out details today.....
We agreed to take the car on the 15th and we will probably be arriving in NY on the 28th or 29th of June.

Still not positive about the route and exact stops but our lists of possabilities are:
Crater Lake
Mount St. Helen's
Mount Rushmore
Yellowstone
Zion Park
Bryce Canyon
Minniapolis (to stay with my uncle)
Mount Olympus (a water park in Wisconsin anyone familiar??)
Chicago (Betsy and Rachel (yay) I need to call you!!)
Niagra Falls

Not all of these are on the same route, these are probably two different routes or at least two different 1st halfs of the route.

If anyone has any suggestions we would love to hear them.....
BTW AAA is an amzing asset, you should all know.....

I had a long day of cleaning my old room and getting things ready for Guy.....can you tell my post is a little less organized?
Bikram tomorrow morning....i am so excited....
and then the prius, the open road, my ipod, and me!

Hope all are well where ever you are......nighty-night.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Yay for updates!

Niagara Falls is great, and it's the only one I can personally recommend. However, my sister just left today for Yellowstone where she'll be working all summer. Let me know if you think you might go there...maybe you guys could meet up!

Have fun at Bikram! I miss it!

Anna Scanlon said...

You and guy are going to Raging Waters? YOU HYPOCRITE!!!!!! ;)

Dance Captain Rachel said...

I got a mention on your blog! So exciting! I'm really looking forward to seeing you two.

I've never heard of Mount Olympus, but folks from Chicago are always going to the Wisconsin Dells for their water park satisfaction. People are surprised I haven't been there, and I've only been in Chicago as a "grown-up," so I guess it must be pretty fun. Sounds like you have an awesome Americana trip planned!