Monday, August 11, 2008

wow am i behind....

Ok lots to tell here, i sort of got backed up i have to admit.

So lets make a little to do list:
water skiing (last weekend)
my birthday
my last week of work
parties and other such nonsence


WATER SKIING (two weekends ago now, i am behind)
So we didn't end up going repelling, the trip got cancled, but since i didn't know anything about it, i don't really know what i've missed, so no big deal really.....

Water skiing was fun. It wasn't like i pictured as i assume all of you are picturing. With a boat in a beautiful blue body of water......nope, no boat, and the water was not even close to blue. We really did have a lot of fun, but the place we were at was really a rather small lake in the middle of a large park. Grassy hills and stuff, kind of reminds me of shorline park. The lake was sort of this milky brown color, mmm mmm good, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves so we said why not. it was really ok in the end, except now i have a little cold so i think there might have been something israeli in that water that i am not immune to but everyone else is. this is the third time i am sick in israel in the past 6 months....hmmm...those israelis and their viruses. Anyway, instead of a boat that pulls you they has this machine-pully system, and in the water there were ramps and jumps and things (kind of like a stunt park for water skiiing). Very smart really because that means many people could be in the water at the same time, but it also mean that when you fall you get out of the water and wait another pully to pully you out to the water. So basically it most of the hour we paid for was spent standing in line but we still got a good amount of chances to get out there.
When we got there we watched a pretty lame breifing video and then chose between wake boarding or water skiing. We decided why don't we try the wake board. I figured i switched to snow board a long time ago, so i could probably handel this......i tried it once couldn't get past the loading station and decided to brave their "i told you so" faces and switch to the skies. In the end a good choice. Guy - this being his second time - was able to get out there pretty quickly going off in the distance where once he met the first turn he swiming for shore. Me on the other hand had a harder time of it. It took me a few trys to be able to think about all the different things your supposed to do at once. Hold your arms out, don't lean on the pully, stay squated as long as you can, don't stretch your legs out too soon.........once i was starting to get the hang of it, classic roneet, i fall over and hit my head on of the skiies and quickly grow a tumor like growth on the side of my fourhead. i have come to the conclusion that i can not do anything with out getting hurt quite stupidly or getting sick afterwards, here i did both. three cheers for me!
all is ok now, a week later, you can't even tell, the scab from the scratch is gone the bruse only hurts teeny tiny bit if you push on it. No worries, in the end i was eventually able to get all the way to the first bend. But they told us that we needed to pass between two bouies there and if we see that its not going to happen to let go. As i was coming up to the bend i was looking for the bouies but of course with out my glasses i realised too late that i was significantly far away from the bouies so i let go. Doesn't really matter i am still proud of my self and we had fun and that's the most important part. Also just inc ase your were worries, there are some pretty sweet pictures and funny videos to document the event so you can enjoy the experiance as well.


MY BIRTHDAY

My birthday was really the ebst birthday i could have asked for away from all those i love and hold dear to my heart. It was hard not getting to celebrate with everyone. And i didn't realize just how hard it would be becuase normally i am without half of my freinds (living on two coasts is not easy sometimes) but as hard as it is i always make do. But here i am without any of you!

Guy really tried to make up for me being so far away from home. At midnight i got several calls from his freinds that i have met over time here. I asked him later if he told his freinds to call me he said no that he simply gave out my cell phone number.....either way it was cute and nice to know i'm being thought of.

I took the day off from work so i wouldn't have to deal with snotty nosed kids on my special day. That being said i had no idea what i was taking the day off for. I knew that Guy had some secret plans but he was very good about keeping them that way. I knew we were going to some where for breakfast and then we had evening plans.

I woke up on my day and Guy and i got ready to go. We got to quite the deserted dump of an area. Dirt road, dumpsters on the side of the parking area, and it seemed like we were passing the back enterances of a restaurant strip. I wasn't totally sure about the area but i just put my trust in Guy and hoped for the best. Once we got to the place, it still seemed like we were coming in the back enterance, there was an elevator that wasn't working and stairs. As we took the stairs i saw the words written on the glass doors. LUXOR SPA. We walked through the doors and immediatly we were zen-ififed. Insence and music and the sounds of trickling water. it was easy to forget how gross it was outside. Anyway we had our own private room for 3 hours. The room had a jacousi, a sauna, a little pattio with table and chairs, a couch area, of course zen music and insense, and a bed room with a nice big bead covered in flower petals. We were given robes and slippers, a 50 minute massage, breakfast with wine, and leasure time. it was so relaxing and great, we really had fun. that was the first surprise of the day.

The second surprise of the day was that i got to sit at home for a good 6 or 7 hours while Guy finished all the arrangments for the evening. ; ) Actually i came home to a room filled with ballons and a big Happy Birthday Roneet sign. Funded by him and excuted by his younger brother and sister

At about 10pm Guy came to get me. he took me to the beach near his house but to a much more secluded area than we had been. we walked up to like this gate and when i passed through the door there were candles in the sand lighting the way to a blanket laid out by the water. We sat and enjoyed dinner together, Guy had spent the whole day learning how to make mushroom rizotto, and he brought my favorite kind of ice cream. We enjoyed ourselves eating, laying under the stars, and even a little night swimming. It was really great.

AND IT DOESN'T STOP THERE......

Once we got home there was also my present waiting for me. AFTER ALL THAT THERE WAS STILL A PRESENT. The gift was a video of all our pictures put together in a slide show, the pictures from the states, pictures from our time and travels here, and also a Happy Birthday video he put together with videos from freinds and family from home (as some of you may already know....thanks!) It was a perfect birthday away from home.

Now there will be an easy way to show you all what my last 3 months have been like.


LAST WEEK OF WORK

Work is fine, kind of lame, basically babysitting and making sure no one kills anybody else. The kids eat, and play, and then eat, and then play some more, then they have a snack and play until their parents come. Sometimes people come and do little presentations for them or shows or activities but basically thats the schedule. So as you may be able to tell i am not really fullfilling my full potential at the moment but it is something to do. And i am finishing two days early. So tomorrow will be my last day. The kids are cute and the poeple i work with are really nice, so its not terrible all day long, they even got me a gift for my birthday it was very sweet of them. Also i only work 4 hours a day but feels like so, so much more.

PARTIES AND OTHER SUCH NONSENSE
This week has also been Guys last week in Israel. He threw a get together for all his freinds to come by and spend some time with him and say good bye. His parents also held an evening for all of the family freinds to come and say good bye. And tomorrow he is haveing one last bbq at the beach for all of his closest freinds. I remember what is was like leaving home and getting to new york and feeling all alone. Guy is going with a couple of freinds as well as living with a good freind from the army so i hope that will help. But it is hard to watch someone go through all of this. I wonder what our parents felt like watching us say goodbye. I mean its different in the states where we all kind of leave at the same time. Guy is leaving and the majority of his life is staying right where its been the whole time, where as mine left to go on its own adventures as well. And even though the east coast is like another country, they actually speak english there so thats also not the same. I do hear that Hungary has McDonalds though, right by Guys apartment too. i am truly happy for Guy that he is starting his life and hitting the ground running really. Its about time i start mine too i guess.....I am also excited to go to Hungary it will be another cool adventure to add to my list, its the leaving Hungary part that i am not too excited to check off.

2 comments:

Shane said...

I'm so happy that your birthday was good!!! He is such a wonderful man! I'm so glad he is such a gentleman. I'm so jealous you found him!

But I miss you! COME HOME! Wait... enjoy Hungary first! How much is a ticket to Hungary? I'm going to come visit :)

Guy said...

First Shane, Thank you. :)

Second.. The ticket is 500$ from here so I belive it wil be more for you so wait one more month.. :-P.

I saw tht Roneet didn't write the suprise that she made for me so -
A week ago I went to but several things to Hungary. Roneet talked with my older sister and they went to but things to make me a suprise dinner. As I came back. Roneet covered my Eyes and they took me to a garden with dinner - Mash potato, Pasta and Roneet's meat balls. and also one of my favorite cockies - Alfajor as desert.

Around us we had candels and nice music been played.