Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hungarian Adventures #3, 4, 5, 6, etc........

Ok so I've lost count.
I gavn't posted in a while because i really havn't been doing much.
I have to admit i never left to go check out that tree and really i basically spent the last few days in the house. I would like to say i cleaned things or reorganized Guy's shit or invented new house hold luxerys and crochetted Guy some slippers or something......but i didn't. I sat and watched CNN for almost two days, come on CNN was on Democratic National Convention watch like 24/7. I kept wanting to turn off the tv and leave the house but then good ol' Barak would start talking again or his wife or his running mate or his former rival.......Anyway now that i am comletely cought up on world politics, the election, african headlines, and world sports.....i am ready to return to you with some interesting stuff to update on.

We've pushed my flight back by one day....let's see how much more we can delay Guy's and my good bye, no unfortunatly this will be as far back as it gets pushed. Guy has a test the day i fly and i would have to leave the night before at 8 or 9 to get to the airport for a 9am flight meaning i would be sitting in the airport for 8 or 9 hours on my own waiting for the flight. Basically that would suck. so we changed the flight 1 day later not that much more time together but at least we can say goodbye in a more relaxed manner.

As Guy gets used to life in a christian world...with classes on friday and the first day of the workign week being monday and not sunday anymore...we have been studying hungarian like maniacs, i think i might be learning more than i expected to just by helping guy but we are working hard for his first test which is on monday. We have been grocery shopping, went to a lovely shabbat dinner at the some of the friends that Guy came here with, it was a wonderful potluck shabbat dinner.

After having spent the day studying yesterday we decided to go out to a restaurant. We went to Palma over by where his school is. The restaurant was very nice. Wanting to order something special i skipped over the mexican food and the sandwhiches and the italian food and chose the rabbit leg dinner. Yes rabbit leg....i wasn't to keen on the idea of eating rabbit but it was the only thing i found that was really different and wasn't some weird discription like knuckle of ham ragut....no thank you. Guy ordered a spaghetti with meat suace zucchini and black olives. The rabbit was so good. I mean the first bite we said hmm tastes like chicken but the texture and the meat in side was so tasty and.....i didn't get a head ache ; ) The spaghetti was also really good. The we ordered a desert. Also wanting something a little different we ordered sweet gnocchi with some sort of jam in vanilla sauce....also suprisingly tasty. By the end of the evening we were ready to pop and just guess how much all of that cost.....you will not belive it....i didn't even realise how much it was until later when we were home and i was thinking about the price. in Forint it was 4915 about 5000 Forint basically that equals a whopping $30.38 yes my freinds and that includes tip. Let's all go to Hungary for our next meal out what do you think?

Also one day last week on my way back to the apartment (ok the only day last week that i left the apartment) I noticed a salon a couple of door down from Guy's building. I thought i would go in and see if i caould get anyone to understand me. Luckily there was a woman who spoke very good english in fact. I asked if they do waxing here and they did. So i also went and got waxed this weekend. Another adventure although one i had braved before. Anyway the nice lady did a lovely job and that and if we're coming here to eat out we might as well wait to get our next waxing done here too. It cost $13.30 after giving her a 10% tip too. It doesn't matter what i got waxed that is frigin cheap! (what i had done would probably have cost something like $60 in NY)

We also saw a couple of movies while we have been here. I havn't been keeping you all updated on the movies ive been watching my time away but needless to say a lot, some i've heard of and just never got around to watching and some i have never heard of but Guy wanted to see. Guy is a movie downloading guru so it has been quite nice. Since getting to hungary we watched Good Luck Chuck - cute but not Dane Cook at his best. The Bank Job - good british film. Batman (the first one) - fun to watch, old but nicholson is a stellar Joker. Last night we, well i poor Guy fell asleep, saw Definetly Maybe - never heard of it but a really cute chick flick that i think Guy would have enjoyed had he not slept through it and it has some pretty good not so known actors.
Interms of the must see list from the movies we watched in Israel Persuit of Happiness, Stranger than Fiction are at the top of the list. Both movies i hadn't seen yet and was really impressed with them. Big and Groundhogs Day were both better as nastalgia movies and no necessary to watch again. Guy also burned me some movies to watch while i am back in Israel with no boyfreind and nothing to do til my parents get there. i'll let you know how those go.

Other then all that I am doing well, not looking forward to going to back to Isreal to be on my own but there are friends there that i have not really been in tough with becuase of wanting to spend as much time with Guy as possible so i will probably see them in my week alone. Also Guy's family and freinds have invited me to hang with them whenever i want which was very nice and appreciated and will probably take them up on it as well. So far i havn't really missed the US since i've been away, the people in it are a different story, but i think i am starting to feel the need to get out there and start my life. I think its kind of time and as my parents said the traveling fund is running low. Basically i had a dream last night that kind of freaked me out. I was going up for some sort of audition or jury presentation infront of the faculty (thank you Marymount for the education and the nightmares) so of course Kevin was there (god love him) Liz and David are the faces i remember and right as i was put on deck i saw the list that itamized what i was supposed to have prepared. I nothing from the list prepared, i had a resume but no picture, i wasn't dressed apropriatly, i realised i had not prepared any material and had no idea what i was that was supposed to have prepared. Quickly i figured i could pull some old monologues out of my proverbial back pocket but even those weren't sitting well in my memory. And then i had to go infront of them all and tell them that no one informed me of the things that were asked of the actors and that i also didn't have a head shot from them. It was very embarrasing and pretty aweful to wake up from. Its like those showing up the cafeteria of your highschool naked dreams. Needless to say i think its time to go over my monologues and get my audition kit bag together. So i don't have a lack of things to do while i'm in israel on my own for a week or two.

As a last note, i think i have told most poeple over the past weeks, but i wanted to let everyone know that i have made the decision to go to Chicago to join Elie once i get back to the states. Not right away or anything i'll probably spend a week or so in NY before heading to the windy city. But i think its just the right time for me to give a different city a try. I have no obligations in NY as of now just a storage room filled with stuff so now is as good a time as any to go see what a different city has to offer me. The amount of time i will be there for or be with Elie for is still unknown i think i will just leave it open. I know what i want to do with myself just not where quite yet. So i figure i'll do a little exploring before i can't anymore. Just thought i would give the heads up.

Anyway thats really all i got here. Monday i will be enjoying another adventure, the boys have a meeting to go to after class so i will be the one wating at home for the internet guy to come and instal it. I look forward to haveing to deal with someone who doesn't speak a lick of english and i don't think my new found knawledge of hungarian words like colors and adjecives will really help in this case. I'll let you know how that goes.....

Yours no matter what country or state i'm in,
me

1 comment:

Elie said...

I do, in fact, read your blogs. Don't take that tone with me... I miss you terribly and I can't wait to see you in a month! That still seems so far away but what's another one, right? More info comin' at ya soon I hope. Have a great last few weeks!