Friday, September 12, 2008

ok so i'm not sure how much time i have right now to write but i figured i should because i havn't written all week.

Let's see where to start. I've been back here for almost a week now but feels like way longer. The goodbyes in the airport were as coupld be imagined tearful. It took me a while to get a grip on myself and calm down once i got back too. But each day has been different, a little better for the most part, and i am doing alright.

I spent a night by myself when i first got here just to have some silent time and then joined Guy's family at his house, i won't so the first night was easy, but i think it was the better choice in the end. I am probably am doing the same things i would be doing if i were alone at my aunts but instead there are people around me. This is good. I've also been out with a couple of Guy's freinds since i got back and that was nice as well.

Today i am going to Natanya to spend the shabbat with some old family freinds. Me and the eldest sone used to be bosom buddies around the ages of 9 and 10 and i now havn't seen him for about 5 years. really thats it? feels longer.....anyway they left for israel when right after daniel had his bar mitzvah and now he's 18 so that means about 5 years. thank you for joining me on that wonderful mathamatical journey. So that should be nice. I don't remember the last time i really and trully kept the shabbat no electricity, praying, and the whole megilah. So should be an interesting weekend but i look forward to it.

In other news i am getting back into contact with poeple in the states sending those emails i didn't really want to spend time sending before becuase Guy was around as well as making plans for when i land. I have a coupel of plans sort of in the works. One is flying to NY and a week later in time to spend rosh hashanah with my dear friends elie (i wanted to amke a label but i have no idea how....you will have to show me one of these days) and betsy, i will be flying to chicago. That is the most solid plan. In a less solid itinerary i am returning to NY sending an audition tape to California and hoping that i will get cast in an indie film. I would fly out to california be home for a bit and then return to the original plan and go to chicago after thanksgiving. We will see, I am learning very quickly just how flexable one has to be in feild. Bizarre but i am hanging in there.

Other then that not much else is going on. My parents arrive in a few days and then i get to spend time with them, my fathers cambodian buisness partners, and others. The plan is to show the cambodian buisness partners the highlights of israel in 2 days. Not sure what my parents have planned as this is quite a large country for only 2 days, i mean its small but not that small. So far it sounds like Birthright round 2: in the summer, without Guy, and a lot shorter. We shall see how that goes. I think i will miss the layers and just barely uncomfortable but none the elss unhappy and constant cold of january. who knew it was possable?

Well i guess thats it not that exciting this one.....i guess thats why havn't posted in week, its been relaxing shall we say, sounds better than lazy no?
I did, however, get to posting one album on line of pictures from the trip.

You can see it here:
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2029115&l=9efc5&id=27100103

And i also got a chance to add some nifty gagdets to this cool blog page (thank you elie). Hope you noticed.

Alright well thats it for now. More after the weekend/when the rents get to town.

2 comments:

Anna Scanlon said...

I am so excited to see you!!!

Guy said...

I feel like I have to start being worried about the birthright II... :-|