Friday, September 5, 2008

Goodbye

Goodbye to the land of strange fashion sense where the language can give you a head ache and all the work men look like they are part of the Mario family.

Two lovely weeks of shopping for groceries without having any clue as to what i'm really buying, of searching a small city for its rarely phenominal sites, of sitting and watching CNN and learning all about the stuff i never bothered to pay attention too, of time spent in the kitchen with metric units and "boardom suprises" that come out rather tasty in the end, and of running through vocab words in a language i can't begin to understand how anyone could speak it. But most of all these past two weeks have been filled with cuddles and kisses and laughing and adventures with someone holding my hand.

I can't say that it doesn't hurt to go. With another 29 hours to be together we are just saying thanks for the chance to have had our past 3 months and 1 week together.

The past few days i spent a lot of time in the house. I was working on a gift for guy most of the time. Putting together a digital photo frame with pictures of us and his freinds/family from home. I also finally found my tree! It wasn't that exciteing and it turned out i had passed it at least once before and hadn't thought twice about it. I made a cheese cake from a box with instructions in Hungarain, it came out really good and quite beautiful if i do say so myself. We did laundry and cleaned the apartment (its fun to watch boys cook and clean ; ) ) Today I met guy at school and we went to the Thermal Baths. Several mineral water baths that differ in temperatures. They were in celcius so i will spare you but they got hotter and hotter as we went and then we went into a suana that was really hot, pretty unbareable actually, with some sort of herbal stuff in the air, kind of hard to breathe, and then we jumped in to a really cold bath....it was nice....relaxing....i don't think guy would ever have done it if i hadn't gone with him. Also it was less than $10 for this lovely place. Soooooooooooo many old people everywhere. Funny how all the old hungarian women look exactly the same. Quite round with little legs.....oh Hungary. I also lost track of the days this week, on wednesday i could have sworn it was tuesday still. And i also got a ticket on the train. SUPER LAME. Apparently when you buy a weekly or monthly pass you are supposed to carry your passport with you as well. They told us to put our passport number on it but failed to mentione that it was invalid if the passport was not on us, when we bought the thing. So i was on my way to meet guy at school and the checker guy came on. he came to me and asked for my ticket and i happily gave it to him. Last week i think i took some 4 or 5 rides and bought only one ticket so i was feeling pretty good that here i was with nothing to fear. Thank god a man who knew english came over to help. The checker man took us both off the train, with me protesting paying the fine of 5000 Forint and stateing that i had no idea i was supposed to have the passport with me. The nice man who knew english was on my side, i think he was trying to get the man to give me a break but nope i ended up paying the stupid money. At the risk of repeating myself, LAME. We can't even complain becuase no one would understand us anyway. Whats also frusterating is all last week i carried my passport in my purse and for some reason i decided to take it out. SUPER LAME. (ps. 5000 forint is less than $40 but its the principal of the matter!) Anyway thats kind of it. I don't think i did much else in the past few days but some grocery shopping and other house wifey stuff....all im missing are the perls.

Tomorrow we are going into Budapest early in the morning so we can spend the day there and do something fun before my flight at 11pm. I need to start packing and really don't have the emotional energy for it. At somepoint i realised i am not looking forward to going back to Israel. sometimes i think it might have been a bad choice to add the extra month. I mean i am going back to Isreal without Guy. All his freind and family have extended warm invitations to hang out or stay at his house with his family but i just don't know if i want to take them up on it. I mean it will be weird no matter what without him, but i don't know............I have a few freinds that i havn't gotten the chance to see yet so i will probably hit them up and get together and really its only about a week until my parents get there so no biggie i guess. Guy says there are no right or wrong decisions just different outcomes.....maybe hes right. Well we'll see i guess. At least in Israel i will be able to call him for cheap.

I am looking forward to Chicago and going back and seeing people in NY. Looking forward to living just me and elie it will be nice. I like the two person life style, these past two weeks i've been like a fly on the wall here, observing 2 roomate living. And i am looking forward to getting my life started, new adventures are ahead of me and the research i have been doing on theaters in the area has gotten me excited so thats good.

Really i am ok, everything will be ok, and i know it. I just have to keep telling myself that and everything will be fine. Guy and I have had our moment in the sun and it has been out of this world and now it is time to see where our lives and dreams lead us. And if its back together in 6 or 7 years, i won't be pissed, that's all i'm saying.

1 comment:

Reggie said...

I'm so glad you are having a good time but even more glad that you are coming home soon.
I miss you so frickin much I can't even deal. I want to tell you so many things but I want to tell you on the phone or in person so I have not been able to.
When are you going to be in Chicago with Edward? I might come and visit......

LOVE!! Call me when you get in the states