Monday, March 9, 2009

Look Ma I'm Muslim!

Hey everybody, I just thought i would update you on what's been going on.
Remember audition #1, for the tour at Mixed Blood Theater, the one that was pending??
Well i finally got official word that i am cast. I met with the director before his flight back to Arizona (where he come's from, where he also teaches acting at the University there). I thought we were just going to meet and talk but it was basically another audition in this lobby of a theater. He had me read a scene and two monologues. I think it was basically to see if he could work with me and if i took direction but it was kind of a shocker at first. So very excited about that, rehearsals start in early April and we rehearse for two weeks (at 9 in the morning) and then 3-4 weeks of performances. I am still trying to get a schedule to find out what exactly is going on with the performances to know if i can maybe find some other project to be working on at the same time. so we'll see.

you know when i started writing this today i thought Mixed Blood was really going to be my big news for the blog but i am glad i waited till later to write it cause today was really busy.

So i ended up going with Mary (The Nannie) to my younger cousins school (Zander's) becuase she's been helping out with the play the school puts on every year. We just sorted and pulled costume we think could be used for the time traveling play (20's - 60's and present day) . It was fun and they need all the help they can get with only a few more reherasals til the perfomrance. Should be fun and something to do for bit until rehearsals start.

I also got an email from audition #2 (the film student projects) The same girl who stopped me after my audition emailed me some more info they are going to be shooting next weekend and ill be getting the script this week. I am very excited about it and i hope we can work it out. The story really does sound so cute and i would love to get in front of a camera again.

I also talked to one of the poeple from audition #3 he was calling to find out about what my goals were, which at first seemed strange but after our talk i sort of got it. We both sort of ended up agreeing it wouldn't be such a productive use of my summer considering i'm really trying to build career up and not just looking for experience. He said by looking at my resume he could tell that ive paid my dues and am really looking for work not just experiance. But we did have a great conversation about what im doing here and the fact that i don't really know many people out here and he said that he would get in contact with me about their theater group that gets together to read stuff and that they are supposed to be having a party before they leave off to maine so he said he'd let me know when that would be so i could meet some people around the area and in the theater community.

Speaking of meeting poeple i met some great young individuals over the weekend. Since i got here all the adults/parents of my cousin's freinds that my aunt and uncle have introduced me too have said to me that i just have to meet with Beth (another mom) who is a big involved actress here. They said she could probably help me with all the ins and outs of the area and community and is also just a nice sweet lady and so funny. So saturday night i went to the closing night of the show she was in. Speech and Debate (which is by the way i really great show, they just did a really great production of it i thought) which is basically about high school secorship and the issues that are really going on in highschool but athority doesn't let highschoolers talk about it publicaly. So needless to say the cast was made up of highschool age playing actors. One was two years out of college and an equity member who moved from texas to here another was a girls who had taken a year off after highschool to be in highschool musical and is now a sophmore at The U (ive come to learn this is what everyone who's anyone call the University of Minnesota) and the third is a highschooler soon to graduate who also happens to be looking at MMC as one of his prospective schools (I gave him a pretty honest opinion of how i felt about good ol' MMC i hope i didn't scare him off). Anyhoo we are all facebook friends now so really we're all besties and now i have friends. Just kidding, but we are now fB freinds and so i'm hopeing we can get together sometime, i'd love to ask them questions about what goes on here as well as just hang out with poeple who didn't live through the 60's, no offence.

See its been a week and my blog is almost as long as the last one (Sorry Alice and Guy, I tried).
So thats basically whats been going on. I start voice over coaching this week which i am excited and interested to see how it all works out (one on one coaching over skype) and i also got an email today saying that my deposit came in for my on camera acting class (no one will ever take the place in my hear that belongs to Ann, we'll see how this lady does) It will be a good way to meet people and get some more infront of the camera time and training.

So lots of stuff going on needless to say.

There you go you are all updated and everything.

Miss you all tons in this cold state here.

Dear spring,
Come soon.
Thanks,
Roneet

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wonderful update - looks like a lot of fun things in the near future. Keep us posted on performance shcedules - you know we love to see you act! Miss you bunches - send regards to the fam!

Love, Mom

Alice said...

Fabulous update. Glad to hear you're doing well. Still miss you, though!

Anonymous said...

Roneet, I am so happy that things are going your way. It sounds like it is blasting off. Hope you can keep up with all the excitement. I sound just like an aunt. Good luck and I hope I can live long enough to see you successful and in action. Aunt Rae

Norrell said...

aww! i am so happy for you, baby! sounds like everything is starting off on the right foot. keep up the drive and good luck with all that's on your plate. love you! can't wait to hear more!!

erica said...

you little celebrity you! I still feel like you're coming back to nyc soon. right? you are aren't you? that's still the plan?