Sunday, March 22, 2009

OK short and sweet.....

or at least i'll try. It's late, late for having to get up at 7am in order to get to cousin's school to help kids get into costumes which most of them have never put on in order to perform their play which they have never performed in said costumes. WOOHOO

OK so whats been going on since last i blogged.
more auditions, tonight were for a Shakespeare in the park type gig (The Tempest) and another new play called The Trial of Mother Theresa. Got called back for the second one so thats pretty exciting, i have no idea for which role though. I thought i was going in for Joan of Arc (not sure how she mixes with the good ol' nun but sure, whatevs) but after reading my the Joan monologue they handed me another one for Theresa.......i'm pretty sure the character break down said ages 30-70 for her. And i'm pretty sure i don't qualify but again, whatevs.

Yes the show at the school, rehearsals last week and this weekend. costuming the musical 100 Years of Kenwood Elementry means period costumes and several costume changes for the 52 youngsters, here's the catch there are no scene changes, tell me how would you get kids to change period costumes while standing on risers on stage the whole time??????
Tomorrow morning should be fun.....i feel coffee will be in order.

I start my camera acting class tomorrow night, real excited for that. Not sure what to expect except the camera classes ive taken before so we'll see. I miss Ann already.

My voice over coaching has been going great so far. I love it. It's fun and the skype thing really does make a lot of sense when you think about. I've done two hours of my four hours of coaching thursday will be the third so soon i will have a demo made and everything.

Whether here is getting better and better, today was rather gloomy but still on the warmer side. Rain is starting to be frequent so i guess that means spring right? april showers bring may flowers? I think i promissed pictures at some point before well i'm just going to continue to promis pictures. Just you wait, they'll be awesome when they get here ;)

The student films (did i tell you there were two? well there is) happen next weekend, nice these kids could work themselves out. One is in the morning, the other is in the aftenoon and evenings, should be a busy weekend but hopefully fun and maybe i'll get mto make new freinds.

Also talked to a director about a fringe project! Finally!! He is also a local film maker which is cool. We talked about the script a little and getting together with the woman who would be playing my mother to see chemistry and how i read the role and stuff. but this guy goodled me after getting my headshot and resume submission, saw my youtube video, and loved it. That's how the meeting came to be and now he just wants to make sure it all works out. I hope so too. I guess at this point i don't care what i get into i just want to be fringing this summer!

Umm i think that's it. Last weekend i went to a progressive neigborhood wine tasting event, this week we had a 13th birthday party, who knows what's next! This house is a busy bee hive, and we all thought these cats lived a relaxed life out here.

excited for the warmth, excited for the new acticities coming up, excited for the prospective events to come.....i'll keep you posted on those.

thanks for reading.
missin you,
Roneet

ps. not so short and sweet eh? will you take quick and dirty? sorry, better update next time around, and those photos!!

2 comments:

Alice said...

Good post! Sounds like you've got a lot going on--way to go! Miss you lots. Keep posting!

erica said...

only roneet would be able to move to a completely new city and be famous within two hours. you're amazing. and I love you.