Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Long time no write.......

Sorry about that, i guess i got caught up with being home. Ive been doing so much of nothing i just haven't had the energy to sit in front of the computer and type. Bizarre i know. I think maybe i kept waiting for something exciting to happen before i wrote again, but then nothing did.

OK Let's see. So got home, i've caught up on tv, spent time with the family, seen my girls, looked for jobs.....thats basically what i have been up to. Family time is nice. My father came back from cambodia the day i arrived here, my mom picked us both up at the airport together. then he left again 5 days later. He is now still in Cambodia, not sure when he's getting back really. Hanging out with my girls has been a blast and a half. Back in action and reeking havoc on palo alto. We have been to Tapas bars (say tapas bar real fast to someone they'll think your saying topless bar, its fun) and ice skating, gotten our nails done, taken walks, gone to yoga, and talked to strangers till wee hours of the night. Basically back to all our old shinanigans!

Looking for a job has been harder than i thought, well i guess the looking part is not hard its the finding part really. I have signed up with at least 3 different babysitting sites, posted on craigs list twice, and submited myself to all kinds of crazy random posts. I almost cocktail waitressed a holloween party in costume for $100 and tips but the party got canceled. I have found that many amature photographers are in need of natural women modles with good skin, none have been interested in me, yet. And i have emailed my headshots to countless email addresses and have heard nothing back. Accept a compariosn to Andy Macdowel. Its been fun. Oh and i finished my book.

That was the past two weeks.
As of today i found a woman who will let me take care of her hyper active child for 15$ an hour yay!! My worst fear is that i will be trapped and have to listen to the mother tell me more stories of how she learns languages really quickly, like the time she learned danish in 4 months.........
whatever, its work, beggers can't be choosers, and the kid seems cute.

On the film side of things reherasals have started, shooting has not. We have read through the script did some basic blocking with space that we have (we are not in the house we will be filiming in yet becuase the family that lives there is still there) and talked about wardrobe and things like that. Its been fun and exciteing, the cast seems great. I think it will be fun and we will get some great work on film. I am excited for shooting to start but i still need to memorize my lines. I know i said i was planing on doing it about a million posts ago, but then i had to wait for the finalized script, and then i had to reorganize it, and now i have to put it in a bigger binder..........i know i know, i started going through it today.

I also went to a general call for John Casablancas Modeling and Career Center. This was fun. I was encouraged to go by my mother, who so many years ago refused to take me to these things as a kid. I figured i had nothing else to do so why the heck not? it would be a nice break from the tv and craigslist surfing. I got all dressed up and took my self to San Jose for this general audition.

First i must share with you the email i got from them to inform me about the general call. (For all you that have heard the story already here it is in black and white)

Subj: Appointment Scheduled Email

Congratulations on your interest in the John Casablancas Modeling & Career Center ! We look forward to meeting with you and discussing your potential along with specifics about the modeling and acting industry.

We have listed some important reminders about your first meeting with us:
  • Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
  • Please bring a recent photo of yourself. It does not have to be a professional photo - a snapshot will work just fine. If you do not have a recent photo, that's okay too!
  • If you are under the age of 18 years old (or still in high school), you must have a parent present for your appointment. Sorry - no exceptions!
The dress code:
No Jeans
No Sneakers
Solid top, any color except white so that your photos stand out for the photoshoot.
Be Camera Ready!!

ADDRESS:
1090 Lincoln Ave, Suite 1
San Jose, CA 95125
Phone: 408-947-8222

We are located in downtown Willow Glen of San Jose. The cross street is Willow Street.

Note: Please do not reply to this email. Please use the above contact phone number if you need to reach us. Thank you!

Sincerely,
The John Casablancas Team
John Casablancas Modeling & Career Center

"It's In You.We Just Help Bring It Out!"

To learn more about John Casablancas, we invite you to visit
www.jcasablancas.com
and www.johncasablancastestimonials.com

In the end there was also a voice mail to clear up all the confusion created by this email.
(How do you congratulate someone on their interest in something? this was unfortunatly not cleared up by the phone call)

When i got there i got the chance to meet such interesting characters. A young man probably somewhere around my age who i witnessed go back to his car in order to retrive his forgotten sunglasses at 6:30pm headed to an indoor event, a young blond little girl shy as can be, a 10 year old girl who knew her shit, an older black lady getting back into the buisness, another girl probably about my age who seemed seriouse about her modeling career, and of course the blond haired big boobed tight assed pencil skirt and high heels wearing young lady who was just so excited to be there. i wish it had a been a mocumentary that i was watching in a movie theater and not apart of. (Honestly i am really not this judgemental) After reading some commercial copy for the camera and hearing the history and misson of John Casablanas Modeling and Career Center we then (and this is my favorite part) walked. the. runway. Yes my freinds, Roneet struted her stuff, i did my little turn on that catwalk, i showed them what i was made of with a soundtrack of Biance's latest and greatest. The 10 year old put us all to shame.
After each individual fashion show we were asked to rate ourselves as an A a B or a C. C means no one likes you and your buttugly and you shouldn't be here (no one in their right mind is going to come to one of these things and rate themselves "not what we're looking for at this time") B means you have the drive and the passion but you lack the skill set or headshots to really be able to market yourself (so give us $2400 a year for training and we'll make you star!) and A means you are working talent and have a head shot and resume. Thats me! I told them i was an A and they told me to come back next week. Today was next week.
I walked in and met with the director of the place, she explained to me how their acting management company works gave me contracts and info pages. Then she set me up with the casting website they have a relationship with and I am supposed to get them 10-20 of my head shots that they can give out. They get 20% of any paid work i book through them, that being said they are not binding and non exclusive. Sounds good right? Well i figured from the begining that i would follow through until they asked for my money, they havn't yet so i guess this means i have an agent in the bay area? I havn't signed anything yet, i have some questions i want to ask, see if i can find that catch somewhere, but if they can get me on some commercial gigs over the course of the next month, i have no complaints. Oh and as i was leaving the 10 year old was coming in with her mom.

I hope babysitting goes well tomorrow and the rest of this week and i really hope this mom can set me up with some other moms for the upcoming weeks, we'll see.
Still no holloween plans, i guess i'll figure it out when i get there.
Hope you are all well where ever you may be.

No comments: