Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pussy cat, pussy cat where have you been?

Was my mother the only one who recited this poem to me?

Anyway i feel like i keep disappearing. In truth i am still here, lying in this lovely pillow filled bed in Chicago. What have i been doing in the past week? This is a very good question.

bullet points might be sufficient here:

  • Contemporary Photography Museum
Rather small but really interesting pictures. In the very familiar style of the photography documenting the great depression and the great migration to California during the dust bowl. I saw some really familiar pictures as well as other similar styled nice photography.
  • The Bean
When we went to go find the bean (which you can see some pictures by going to Elie's blog Photallity365) we also happned by a tech fair. With really interesting gadgets and gismos by a bunch of different companys. Xerox had a no waste printer with ink cartridges that didn't need cartridges. Think crayons. And paper that over a couple of days the ink wipes clean and it is totally reusable. There was also robots and electric cars. It was pretty neat.
  • Movie
Elie and i have been watching movies at night, we saw Sex and the City the other night, we still have to finish Lars and the Real girl, i watched both Step Up and Step Up 2 The Streets tonight which i don't really recomend to anyone, and we have also watched a lot of Heros, well i have. I cuaght up on all of last season which a missed and got ourselves up to date with season 3 whata crazy amazing tv show.
  • Character research
My good freind Betsy and a couple of her friends from school who were intown visiting decided it was time for me to get some character research for my film so they took me out a Lesbian bar in Andersonville. We had a blast, i was mistaken for Betsy's girlfriend, got a free glass of wine, and played an embarassing game of pool. So much fun.

Those are the highlights. Not much else is going on. It rained all day today. Tomorrow is Yom Kippur. I look forward to going to sunny California. I think thats all i got. I've started rereading the script and taking notes and thats the work i've given myself to do before i leave here. I have more time on my hands than i really know what to do with so i figure i should get a good few reads in there before the flight west. S

See not super exciteing or thrilling. So i guess its ok to be weekly updateing. See you in a week?

3 comments:

Elie said...

I'm not sure what you're talking about. It's a party all the time on my side of the apartment. Come on over!

Alice said...

Hooray for updates from Roneet! Give me your address in California and I will send you proper letters! Tomorrow I'm babysitting at a temple from 9 am to 6.30 pm. Wish me luck.

Alice said...

Oh also, my grandmother told me that poem all the time.

Pussy-cat, pussy-cat, where have you been?
"I've been to London to look at the queen."
Pussy-cat, pussy-cat, what did you there?
"I frightened a little mouse under the chair."