Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's new pussycat? Woah oo woahoowoah oo

nothing....really......

i just realized thanks to my marymount or theater or whatever it is due to training, i wasn't planing on memorizing lines before rehearsals but i just realized i have two days between rehearsals and shooting....ack. so i guess i have a lot to do before i get on that plane.

I took advantage of the lovely 25th floor here, compleate with pool and sauna, locker rooms, gym, and laundry room. I went swimming today in the indoor pool. fun! and elie and i are doing laundry as i type. more fun!

i also discovered that people don't really walk here in Chicago. i found myself 1.3 miles (thanks google maps) away from the apt and just wanted to double check i was walking in the right direction, so i asked an off duty traffic cop on a bike if i was walking the right way and he said "you gonna walk?"
"uh yeah?"
"yeah, you're going the right way, good luck"
"thanks?"
silly chicagoans....the wind has really gotten to them i think ; )

Anyway like i said nothing really new here.

I did do some research for Elie and my's next day of Chicago adventure. I looked up where that chocolate factory sells their chocolate and Andersonville, which is a super cool neighborhood that i have been to a couple of times now with various people. This reasearch was all made possible by the super duper cool Chicago Transit Association website, my love of which was made possable by the wonderful Betsy....she makes my life so simple and easy and gives in to my simple minded lazyness so well. ; )

CTA is really cool beuase it gives step by step directions on how to get to where you wanna go. You put in starting point and destination like any directions giver and then it gives you 3 possible public transportation routs you could take. I love it! We are happy together.

Also i signed up on JaJah. if anyone reading this has JaJah, let's talk!!

Also i am searching for a job in california. if anyone reading this has one for me, let's talk!!

I have been posting on craigs list and filling out profiles on sitter sites and answering emails left and right! NO ONE wants to hire a sitter for just a month and a half, lame beucase there are all these little children that i could be speaking hebrew with and none of them are going to get to be graced with my presence. sad i know. I'm thinking of joining a temp agency......sigh

I would like to take a moment now to remember an old friend of mine: Mother and her circus animal cookies
I always loved the little white ones better than the pink ones, for some reason i always thought there a difference, but the frosted circus animal cookie is a good friend from childhood and i was very sad to learn that Mother's Cookies has gone under......A fellow frosted circus animal lover could not have put this loss any better:
"They had Mother's to comfort them through the First Depression...how are we supposed to survive this one?"
Thanks, Anna, for that.

To leave on a less tragic note: I also discovered (again because of super Betsy) a cool aprtment finder company. They are totally free, and offer really customer friendly service to find you the best apartment for you. I'm thinking i will call them today and find out all about them for when i get back. But as i understand it they take you around in their company cars to go see aprtments. How great is that? We'll see how that goes. The problem is ill need a some what furnished place so that might make it difficult but i am going to call and ask.

Alright....thats really it, i don't think i could squeez out anything else even if i was doing something with my self ; )

Hope you are all doing well out there!
Yours,
R

1 comment:

Anna Scanlon said...

I am still at work.

Why am I a dog slipper?